Fiance Visas

Fiance Visa Attorney Rancho Cucamonga

How can I obtain a Visa for my fiance?

You can obtain a visa for your fiance to allow him or her to come to the United States to marry you. Upon arrival, the marriage must take effect within 90 days of arrival. If you need a Fiance Visa attorney, we at Burga Law Firm PC are experienced in Fiance Visas, and we can help you process the paperwork fast and efficient.

What are the requirements for a Fiance Visa?

The basic requirements are 1) You are a US Citizen; 2) You have met each other in person within the last two years.; 3) You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiance entering the U.S. 4) You and your fiance are both free to marry, and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death or annulment.

What if I am have not met my Fiance in person?

There are two exceptions to the requirement of meeting in person: 1) if the element to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiance foreign culture or social practice; 2) if you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.

My fiance has children from a previous relationship, can I bring them to?

If your fiance has children under 21 and unmarried, they can apply together with a K-2 visa. You need to include your fiance’s children in your Petition if you are planning on bringing them to the U.S.

Can my fiance obtain a work permit?

Yes, once your fiance has entered the country with a Fiance Visa, your fiance may immediately apply for a permission to work. However, it would only be valid for the 90 days, but it can be extended as soon as your fiance files for permanent residency (Adjustment of Status).

If you have any additional questions about a fiance visa, please feel free to contact us by clicking here or by giving us a call at (909) 538-8320.